Urban Homesteading on a Small City Lot: Chickens Nine Weeks Old

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Chickens Nine Weeks Old

It has been a while since I have posted about the chickens.  They are still very friendly and are all doing well. Lilith has chipped her beak.  I think she must have been pecking at something through the wires of the cage.

It makes her look kind of silly.  Like she is doing the Elvis lip thing.

Here's Ginger.

Brie looks kinda mad, but she really is very sweet.

I didn't get a good picture of fluffy.  They are now nine weeks old.  They live outside now full time.  They enjoy eating grass and watermelon, and try new things every couple days.  Everyone keeps asking me, "how long before they start laying eggs?" It will be a while, August probably. Until then they will keep giving me lots of good chicken manure for the compost pile and keeping me company in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment